At our school we strive for each child to be able to:
- Read and write with confidence, fluency and understanding.
- Have a positive reading and writing culture throughout school.
- Engage children through wider opportunities.
- Developing a love of reading and writing across the curriculum.
- Have an interest in texts of all types and to read for enjoyment – to foster a love of reading in many children.
- Have an interest in words and their meanings; developing a growing vocabulary in spoken and written forms.
- Understand a range of text types and genres, being able to write in a variety of styles and forms appropriate to the situation.
- Be developing the powers of imagination, inventiveness and critical awareness.
- Have a suitable technical vocabulary to articulate their responses.